my halloween roadtrip

i took a 1,128-mile roadtrip down the west coast of the united states over halloween weekend.

starting point: olympia, washington
destination: los angeles, california


to kick off the festivities, i took to the streets, house parties and bars of san francisco. my buddies jeff, matt and lauren - and all the entertaining drama that came along with them (i say that with love, you guys!) - were kind enough to let me crash their awesome downtown apartment and celebrate halloween weekend with them!





soon after my SF shenanigans, i drove down to los angeles.

now, you don't need me to remind you how crazy in love i am with halloween in LA. but please allow me to gush anyway and declare, with my hand on my heart and an emphatic "amen":

LA IS THE GREATEST EFFING PLACE ON EARTH TO DO HALLOWEEN!!!

more specifically - santa monica boulevard in west hollywood, in all its boys town glory. so many angelenos avoid costume carnaval because of the horrible traffic, parking and crowds. i get it. but there's nowhere in the world that does halloween the way we do here, and i think it's well worth the fuss - at least once in a lifetime.

gawwwwwwwd i love this place. i'll let the pictures do the talking.



















i know, i know, my costume was lame - by far, my least inspired ever, due to limited time and resources. but it sure was fun running into my fellow waldos out there - or for those of you in europe, "wally"!


so many reasons to love LA, and i'm (mostly) thrilled to be back. it was a long drive, and i have no idea how long i'm gonna stick around. but having party'd at the world's most fabulous costume party - i think i'm off to a pretty good start.

hope you all had a happy halloween!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,