on the road again!

i've blogged more in the last 3 weeks than the previous 3 months combined. woo!

still have tons of stories and photos to share with you now that i'm back and bored...but i'm gonna be gone for a little while.

wanderlust got a hold of me again and i decided to hit the road! this time, it won't be a 2-year disappearing act.

this time, it's a roadtrip. eight days. in canada.

yes, i said canada. i haven't been to canada since i was a teenager, and i've honestly not been very interested in returning.

the only memory i have of my last visit to canada was a bird taking a huge dump on my head.

repeat: a bird took a huge dump on my head.

SO huge, in fact, that my head wasn't big enough to hold the poo in its entirety - its icky wet gooeyness dripped onto my shoulder and down the length of my arm. aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

when you're an awkward, self-conscious teenage girl standing in the middle of vancouver's stanley park with POO ON YOUR HEAD, it's like the end of the world.

if you had asked me back then what i thought of canada, i'd probably just cry and say "LEAVE ME ALONE!" and storm into my bedroom and blast some nirvana on the stereo to drown out the painful memory.

ok, i wasn't that dramatic. not even close. ha!

poo or no poo, i've never felt one way or the other about canada. but a very cool friend of mine from tuscany is traveling through there right now. and he asked if i'd like to join him for the west coast leg of his trip - since it's so close to where i am now.

hm. let's see. a chance to break out of my post-travel-depression and explore another part of the world with a fantastic italian? no brainer!

i'm packing up the car right now, and i'll be driving north in just a few hours. the plan is to explore vancouver island's west coast beaches and backcountry, particularly in the tofino area. my expectations: lots of natural beauty, great hiking trails, and not getting eaten by a bear.

while avoiding bears (and bird poo), i also intend to avoid computers. so if you miss me - and come on, let's face it, you will - allow this song to entertain you. it has absolutely nothing to do with canada. but it's been the theme song for my life for the last 3 years and i just feel like playing it. it always puts me in a good mood.

so until next time...

yael naim - new soul
<— PLAY ME! I'M FUN!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,